Saturday 27 October 2012

Adidas Rebranding

This was a fun brief to work with as I utterly love Adidas, the brief was to select one of the three companies we was given, Adidas, Pepsi and Shell. I choose Adidas, to which was asked to create a 'lifestyle' type of sub-brand for them, something that wasn't sport related so like a new identity for them. It did have to be typographic based and have their iconic '3 stripes' included somewhere within the design.
Given only a week to do this, I kept my research basic, so I started by researching in to the Adidas' background and how the 3 stripes came around. Then looking at their previous well known logo's as well as looking at other ones that have big graphics/illustrations along side of them as a directed route I didn't want to go down. Making it clear what kind of identity I wanted to give this 'sub-brand'.
To which I started my sketches, I did only experiment with the original typeface but I felt it was just going to be accepted as just another sport type logo so I decided I would try a retro typeface for a new feel. I ended up liking two different typefaces but decided with 'RiotSquare';

and this was the outcome I finished with;

I'm really pleased with my final outcome and I really like how the 3 stripes run through the word, simple yet new!


No comments:

Post a Comment